Friday, November 25, 2011

Okay, seriously, would I be making a bad decision here, I need advice...?

Okay, I posted this question in the Mental Health section and all I got was a spammer about colon cleansing, seriously, I need some advice here...





I've been trying to secure a second job since my current job is only seasonal. My field is in Graphic Design and Animation. Where I work at right now is closely related to my field. I have a college degree. I've haven't had much luck finding work in my field and it's really been causing lots of arguments with my boyfriend and parents. Now my boyfriend and parents don't argue with me because I don't have a better job yet; they argue with me because I don't let them help me and I shoot down any suggestions they have...now the reason I have a hard time letting people help me is because of my age, I'm a recent college grad at the ripe old age of 26, I should have figured myself out already when I was 22. In order to solve all the arguing that's been going on, I've been settling for less by applying to restaurants and fast food places and jobs at the mall.





I had an interview at Waffle House restaurant tonight and the manager said if I was still interested there would be an orientation at 5:00pm on Thursday. If I get this job, it would probably only pay minimum wage plus tips, and I would also be working overnight which can put even more stress on me and possibly lose my motivation to find better opportunities, but I must settle for something I don't like to satisfy my personal relationships. I'm going to sleep on it and see if I feel the same way the next day. So, does anyone think I would be making a bad decision since the job will most likely be very stressful with bad hours?Okay, seriously, would I be making a bad decision here, I need advice...?
One thing you will learn in the working world is that accepting others opinions and teamwork generally get the job done more quickly and more efficiently than on your own.


Why not let the people that love you most offer their insight and help?


Don't beat yourself up for not having it figured out at ';26';. Life is big!


If you don't need to take this job and have support to go looking for the job of your choice and dreams why are you denying yourself this?


You are sabotaging your own goal. Go after what you've worked so hard for and be grateful people who love you want to help.


Good luck!Okay, seriously, would I be making a bad decision here, I need advice...?
If you need the money, take it if you can get it.





Your boyfriend and his family is trying to help you, so dont shoot down their suggestions. I am 32 and just now am getting my associate's degree. I am changing careers, and was also in the military. There is no shame in starting a new career or starting late..





Dont let anyone berate you for your decisions. It is still your life, and you are the best person for that job!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment