Friday, November 25, 2011

Need some friend advice...am I a bad person because I feel like this? (read details!)?

So I lived with three of my friends last year. We all shared an apartment on-campus. Before then I was really looking forward to it and thinking how much fun it was going to be.





First few months were great...just like the old times.





I would say by Winter break...things got different:





One friend became more of a *****bag as time went on. Not particularly towards me but in general. He was the guy who made those jokes that seemed dangerously close to crossing the line. I never knew he was THAT bad before I started living with him.





Another friend hung out with previously-mentioned friend a lot more and slowly also changed. This one was more of one day of being a jerk to next day being a great friend. With this one if I said something...stupid (who doesn't), he would literally put me down for saying it. I never felt anymore dumber. Then the next day it would be like if we were best friends again.





Finally, this friend was one friend who helped me get through some tough times. Same thing applies like the other two, but I could not classify him as an ***hole, he wasn't as big of a jerk as the other two. But the thing is... he was all about ';talk to me if you have any problems';. Which is fine...but he made it really awkward to talk to him. I mean he was dead silent in the room (but would go out and be his normal self) and would give me a weird look if I asked him how his day was or anything. I could never tell if he was mad at me, or something was wrong...nothing!





So as I hope you can see, the saying ';You don't know someone until you live with them'; certainly applies here. I use to enjoy just hanging out with them. It was fun, we all had good times. Living with them only brought out their bad sides.





Quite frankly I wouldn't want to live with them again, but I don't feel it necessary to break the friendship. I feel more as if I just need a break from them...which is what I am doing. I have big plans for July and I feel stuff like that will in essence...rejuvinate me lol.





This year I will be living in a house off-campus with 4 strangers. In a way I am looking forward to it, since it's a change.





Am I a bad person for feeling this way?





(Yes I know no one is perfect, hence the hesitation to break the friendships for good)Need some friend advice...am I a bad person because I feel like this? (read details!)?
You have made very mature decisions. Don't feel bad just make the relationship with ';the boys'; how you want it. You're doing just that so GOOD JOB!

No comments:

Post a Comment