Friday, November 25, 2011

Giving an immature sibling silent treatment. Bad or good and what advice can you offer?

I am at my wit's end with my brother. I am 21, going to college, and he is going on 26, and still going to college. I believe he has problems. I have my own as well. Anxiety is a big one with me, and he is one of the contributor to that. I've let him know that behavior, mainly immature, hyper behavior, that he displays, makes me anxious. I've made it known to him very much. I think he is selfish though, and the reason he does it is to take his mind off of his problems, how he is feeling, and the like.





Therefore, I've decided to ignore him, as I don't see him changing anytime soon. I've been ignoring him for over three weeks now, but he seems to be really trying to get a response out of me by rapidly trying to open the door to my room when it's locked, knocking on it, and talking to me, asking me the same question five or more times, in a matter of half an hour, and it's getting old.





I don't like him, and believe he is selfish, irritable, and he is very over-critical.Giving an immature sibling silent treatment. Bad or good and what advice can you offer?
You have every right to be angry but you should stop with the silent treatment because that is not you. I know this is difficult! I have given silent treatment to people in the past and it has gone no where. Only leads to more anxiety and anger. I know you have probably done this before but let him know that the silent treatment you have been giving him results from how he treats you and it hurts you. You love him very much and want to be able to talk to him but he must treat you with respect.





Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” BuddhaGiving an immature sibling silent treatment. Bad or good and what advice can you offer?
I think it is time to fly the coop and find your own place instead of staying home with mom, dad, and your sibling. Although 26 is a very late age to be living at home, maybe you moving will make your parents force him to move as well. Siblings tend to get along better when they don't live together anyways.
well yes and no it makes them feel really bad some times yes because they tend to stop bugging you and you can get along the top longest you need to do it is 2 to 4 weeks!
I am so sorry. Your brother sounds like he has an emotional problem that he cannot control. It is called borderline personality disorder. Look it up %26amp; you will get more insight on this illness.
What i would do is do the same thing back to him. Show it how it feels to be treated like that and he will have to realize what he is doing his harming you.
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment